This is the Gypsy Girl I picked up at Nana's Knits last week. Colorway is Blackberry Brambles, which is really the perfect name for it. There are all these ripe berry hues, a touch of dark, leafy green, and lots of purple so dark it's nearly black. Totally irresistable.
I haven't knit the second Gypsy Girl Stormy Skies sock yet. Too busy dealing with other stuff. But I liked knitting the first one well enough to want more of this yarn, and thanks to Nana's Knits, it was pretty easy to indulge that wish. She's got a mountain of the stuff, and each colorway is more tempting than the next.
Things remain crazy here. The Shedir lady survived her second surgery yesterday, but the outlook is bleak. The family has been attempting to come to some sort of decision about how far to push treatment when she is clearly dying. She's already in a place where she will never again be able to eat but, if she survives, will be on a feeding tube and dialysis for the rest of her life. She has not recovered consciousness since her initial collapse. We don't know if she ever will.
Stitches is mere days away, and I haven't been able to think about it at all. My plan is to take some time tomorrow to get myself organized for that. It will be a welcome relief to get away for a couple days and do nothing but yarny stuff. Talk about the perfect escape!
Thanks for all your great ideas on how to keep the young daredevil entertained. I ended up taking him to the Simpsons movie (hilarious), and then at his request we went to Target. The kid loves Target. Gee, wonder why? Whenever we go there, he scores some great stuff. This time, he got the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and a Pirates of the Caribbean game for his Playstation. What can I say. I'm a soft touch.
Then we came home and played Pokemon, which clearly is an evil plot to make adults feel stupid and confused. But it also kept him from bleeding or breaking any bones, so I'll put up with massive headaches over trying to figure out the nuances of battle cards. Stoopid game. ::pout::
Now I'm trying desparately to get some work done before the next bout of insanity. Shedir lady is scheduled for surgery number three tomorrow. It's promising to be a rough day.

No comments:
Post a Comment