So now the count stands at:
8 finished socks
3 pairs plus two single socks
2 more socks OTN
43 days
This is the Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the Wildflowers colorway. Nice stuff. I'm going to have to fix the toe on the finished sock, though. When I was kitchenering it shut at stitch 'n bitch the other night, the sun was right in my eyeballs and I had trouble seeing what I was doing. The result is very sloppy and I missed a stitch. Yay, me!
In jaywalker -- make that jailwalker -- news, I took the jaywalker out of knitting jail, knit a few more rounds on the gussets, made a few notes about where to leave off the jaywalker patterning, and put them back in jail. This yarn, a Regia self-striping, is hard on my hands. Makes me wonder if I'll be able to wear the finished socks at all if the yarn is this harsh. It's rough enough that I'm swearing off buying any more Regia sock yarn. I mean, I've knit a half-dozen or more pairs of socks from Regia, and none of them have been this tough, so maybe I'm overreacting.
But I just don't see the point of taking a chance on a yarn that burned me when there are so many other lovely yarns to choose from.
Like the Gypsy Girl. Details of a recent indulgence will follow....

3 comments:
Your on a roll...and your totally blowing your goal out the water.
Those are such a cute color!!! You are getting loads of socks done.
I don't know about Regia per se, but might it soften up after washing?
Post a Comment