Monday, August 6, 2007

Niner!














Wowsa.
Nine finished socks.
Four pairs plus one single sock.
One sock OTN.
46 days.

That picture above is the finished pair of Bearfoot in the wildflowers colorway, made with my standard sock recipe. I know this looks an awful lot like the other Bearfoot pair I finished recently. That's because they are an awful lot alike.

Here they are together.



















Wildflowers on the left, Flathead Cherry on the right.

Both have a neutral (brown for Wildflowers, black for Flathead Cherry) and a base color (purple for Wildflowers, burgundy for Flathead Cherry). The neutral-plus-base forms the bulk of the color repeat.

Both have a shot of a really hot, bright color every so often to wake up the eye. (Hot pink for the Wildflowers, sour cherry for the Flathead Cherry.) Both show some color variations to the base color, especially where blending into the hot accent color.

And both have flaws due to my knitting clumsiness! I screwed up the kitchener graft on one of the Wildflowers, and I found a small (repairable) hole in the toe decreases on one of the Flathead Cherries. I promise to knit better next time.

In other news...

I don't mean to be ignoring this blog for days in a row. Other things are taking precedence right now.

Some of you might recall that Shedir hat I knit for a family member with cancer. She fell critically ill over the weekend when an aneurism near her heart ruptured. It's a miracle she lived through the rupture and the surgery to repair the rupture, but we'll take it. She has to have a second surgery tomorrow. Other organs are showing signs of strain, and we're more than a little worried about all this.

Some of you might also recall a story or two about my daredevil nephew, the boy who likes to dare himself to do dangerous things. Well, he dared himself right into a broken collarbone yesterday. How convenient that the cardiac ICU is such a short walk from the ER. ::eyeroll::

I think tomorrow I will be skipping out on work to watch the daredevil child while others are on hospital watch during the second surgery. His arm is in a sling and his mood is as rambunctious as always. Anyone have any ideas for how to entertain a one-armed 7-year-old maniac?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca F said...

(((hugs)))

Your family and your friend are in my prayers. If there is anything you need, give me a call.

Kris said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. ((((hugs))))

For the daredevil...my first thought is medication, but alas that might be frowned apon. There are movies, board games, mad lib...or help aunt TeeTee organize her stash.

heather t said...

Soccer? Crochet?

Sorry about your loved one with cancer. I hope things are going smoothly now.