I ran out of knitting, so I decided to cast on these new socks.
bwahahahahahahahagigglesnortgiggle
~slaps knee~
~doubles over~
~wipes tear from eye~
Aah, that was a good one. Ran out of knitting. giggle
This is Gypsy Girl in the Scrimmage colorway of Bears blue and orange, which THANK GOD is not a barberpole. These socks are destined for my father. I cast them on because I have no room to store them in my sock yarn boxes. And also because maybe I have lost my mind.
For some time now, I've wanted to hang with Trish over at Nana's Knits on open knitting Thursday. I was actually free(ish) Thursday afternoon, so I headed over to her shop with the Scrimmage yarn in tow. Because it appears that attending an open knitting afternoon is all the excuse I need to cast on something new these days.
I have so much knitting OTN that I can't even tell you how much knitting I have OTN. I doubt I could list all the projects from memory. I can tell you this, though.
In my regular purse, I carry the Jojoland cashmere blend sock. (Remember that? I'm just past the gusset on the first sock. This yarn feels like clouds.)
In my sock bag, I carry the two pairs of Gypsy Girl -- the Ominous Skies barberpole in blue/black/grey, and now Da Bears socks. Also the jaywalker, which I intend to sacrifice to the knitting gods someday. Though, honestly, it won't be much of a sacrifice.
In my knitting bag, I carry the aran watchcap that Dreamsweaver and I are knitting together (maybe 2/3 done), the Butterfly blouse (maybe half done), and Fulmar (swatched but not starting until Monday).
In my other knitting bag, I carry the secret knitting, which is er maybe 3/4 done. Except I don't really carry this but to the knitting chair and back, because this is secret and it's not ready to leave the house yet.
In my other other knitting bag, I carry the cabled cardigan in progress, which is about 1/3 done. Except I don't really carry it because it never goes anywhere these days. It just hangs from a doorknob and looks forlorn and neglected. Because the sleeves were doing weird and wonky stuff and had to be repeatedly frogged. Plus because I have too many projects OTN and can't seem to ever make time for this one.
So. Obviously, I had to take a NEW project to Nana's to hang out with Trish and the gang. ...sigh...

5 comments:
Check out Bron's blog. Great news!!
Maybe with Bears socks comes a Bears win??
I so torn. I feel like casting on for new projects, yet look at the others like they've trapped me. But, nothing will keep me from casting-on for Fulmar on Monday!
We're all laughing WITH you, not AT you. ;)
Oh, and I'm sure you don't have any UFOs since you ran out of knitting, so you won't me joining me during UFOctober. (Oh come on, it will be fun!)
People who only have one project on the needles at a time are a knitting urban myth. They don't exist. They aren't real. The more projects on the needles at a time, the better. Rock on.
Post a Comment