I've been feeling a little beat up lately because life is too hectic and too many things have been going wrong. It seems that week after week, there's some new crisis to manage or some new breakdown in the people around me.
And week after week, I look forward to Wednesday night's Stitch and Bitch session as the antidote to the frenzy and stress.
It's not just that the knitting relaxes me, though it certainly does. But the company of knitters relaxes me even more. This group of marvelous women has become the rock I cling to each week. I love each and every one of you, and I thought it was high time I said so.
Kris, Aleta, Becca, Bethany, Amy, MB, Nancy, and the absent-but-not-forgotten Vicki -- thank you for being there, for helping me laugh at life's little disasters, for showing me new knitting tricks, and most especially of all, for being your sweet selves. Big mwah! to all of you.
The blog is most likely going to be a bit slow over the next few days while we get through the funeral. The good news is that it looks like we might be able to get through the funeral. Yesterday, we weren't so sure ... or at least, we weren't so sure that all of us would make it through intact. Things have improved today. And for now, that's enough.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
(((hugs)))
You made my day!
I look forward to Wednesdays too. They are the best day of the week.
I will offer a prayer for the comfort of you and your family.
You have put a smile on my face. I was telling my mom on the way home how much you ladies have become a part of my life and I'm better for it.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family this week.
Lots of hugs from here. "Because I knew you, I have been changed for the better." My life has been made better you you and the snb girls.
Post a Comment