This is what happens when a certain little girl pouts in my general direction. Thank heaven it was a fast knit on big needles. That, plus her happiness, were the only things that made the project tolerable.
All I have to do is weave the ends -- though how one does that with this kind of yarn is a total mystery -- and then I think I can safely say that I will never again knit with novelty eyelash yarn. Until the next time Miss Six and I happen to be at the store when some pink and purple monstrosity catches her eye....
The funeral is over and so is most of the nonsense. I won't pretend that it went well. In fact, it would not be unfair to say that this situation has generated some permanent ill will between some of my family members. But it's over, and nobody had to go to the funny farm, and now maybe things can get back to normal. Or whatever passes for normal around here, anyway.
And now all I can think about is casting on Fulmar. We're getting so close to the kickoff for the KAL. Only three more weeks. It seems like soooooooooo looooooooooong to wait, until I realize how much other knitting I want to accomplish before starting Fulmar. And then it seems like a nanosecond.
My secret knitting is only about half finished, and then there's the Butterfly for the Persuasion knitalong, maybe a quarter finished. And we cast on the clapotis on the 23rd for the Second Wave Clapotis KAL. The second Gypsy Girl Stormy Skies sock will be my carry-around project, and may I say what a pleasure it is to have socks returned to their natural status as secondary and carry-along projects. One thing I have learned this summer is that I am definitely not the kind of knitter who functions well on a steady diet of socks. I knit twelve socks, the equivalent of six pairs, and was about to come unraveled myself. As much as I enjoy knitting socks, I'll never commit to something like that again!
Anyway, the secret knitting plus Butterfly plus the second sock equals more than enough to occupy me for the next three weeks, even without the clapotis-along. Fulmar can wait until October. Or so I tell myself. We'll see how long that particular stalling tactic works. Because when it comes to Fulmar, I'm as excitable as Miss Six with a blob of shiny novelty yarn....

1 comment:
I know I'll be in that position soon with my miss mac...oh how we get sucked in;)
Post a Comment