Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Knitting Goals

It just occurred to me today that April is upon us. I made it through the entire day yesterday in a state of hyperawareness of potential April Fools gags, but somehow missed the fact that this meant it was also the first of the month.

Can't get anything past this sharp-eyed gal, can we?

My goals from last month were:

1. Finish the Socks That Rock Sapphire socks.
Done!

2. Finish the Malabrigo hat.
Done!

3. Finish the current ball of yarn on Fulmar.
Er. Half-done! Woot? I was going to decrease the sides for the sleeve modifications and knit the entire ball of yarn I started at the end of February, but then decided I'd better knit the sleeves first. So the back is knit to the point where I suspect the decreases will be made. Once the sleeves are knit, I'll be able to knit the sleeve caps to precise measurements instead of to my guessy math.


4. Knit Catherine Parr to the armpits. That's about another two inches.
Er. I did knit another two inches. But I mismeasured how far I had to go to get to the armpits, so I knit as much as I thought I would, but I'm still not to the armpits. This is also part of what motivated me to hold off on the armhole decreases for Fulmar. The reason for my mismeasurement -- a complete inability to accurately translate Starmore's metrics to inches -- made me worry about my Fulmar math. Better safe than sorry.

In March, I also finished the monkey socks and knit a scarf to match the malabrigo hat. Not a bad knitting month, overall.

This month, April, my goals will be:

1. Order the yarn for the baby blanket and get started on it.
Technically not a knitting goal because I will use my grandma's c-word pattern. It's tradition. The baby shower has been set for June 1, and I hate making anything to deadline. And I'd much rather knit than c-word. So this ought to be a bumpy ride. (For those of you who remember the crapghan, my other malingering c-word project, I can report that I've got only 2 skeins of Dead Fart super saver to go before I can attach the border and call this one done.)

2. Push Catherine Parr.
I'll be using this project to take the edge off my angst from all the c-wording. This will be my go-to project when the sight of the hook makes me want to cry.

3. Resist the urge to cast on everything in sight.
I've got startitis bad these days. But I have projects to finish! If I must cast on something new, I'll cast on the stranded mittens to match the malabrigo hat and scarf. At least that way, I'll be completing a set.

That's it! The crib blanket will be claiming a lot of my time until it's done, so I don't want to make too many goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi again, I just wondered after seeing your Hat...do they still have fuzzy wuzzy wool? I can see that hat in bright red fuzzy wuzzy wool! Cheers Carol
Ps...love those sox too...