Tuesday, April 1, 2008

As a Matter of Fact, They DO Rock



Here are the Socks That Rock Mediumweight Sapphire socks. I think it took me about two months to knit these. Of course, I knit plenty of other stuff along the way, too, so it's not as if the slow knitting was due to a lack of knitting time. I am still busy, but not busy like December. I just have too many things on the needles right now, and that's slowing down my rate of finishing things. A different problem altogether!

With these socks completed, that leaves only one pair of socks OTN. I think I may try to hold it at that for a while to give me some time to catch up on some other knitting. I have three sweaters on the go right now, and a big stranded bag project, and one pair of socks, and this is enough. I don't also need to be knitting multiple pairs of socks and hats and scarves along the way.

(Even so, why do I yearn to cast on something new now? It's a consequence of finishing something, I know, but still....)

I've also finished the scarf to match the newsboy cap, but I have yet to weave the ends and block it. Pictures will follow eventually. And guess what? With this wave of finishing, this means I have officially knit more yarn than I have purchased this year, by about 175 yards. This is a good feeling. It won't last. I have to order yarn for a baby blanket this week. But at least for a few days, it's good to know I'm in balance.

In other news

This morning, I got an email from someone I do business with on occasion. I giggled all the way through this email, which struck me as a brilliant spoof of a silly situation we've been dealing with at work. I thought it was an excellent April Fools joke and very nearly forwarded it to a half-dozen people.

It wasn't a joke. *facepalm*

Thank God I didn't forward it to anyone. Of course, its author was not amused when I emailed her my congratulations for such a witty prank. *headdesk*

Can I go back to bed now and call this day OVER?

1 comment:

Kris said...

Another Finished Object? Holy Crap. I don't see why you can't cast on for another pair;)