Noro Sock Yarn, Take One! *click!*
I thought this pattern would be perfect for a scarf for the Noro sock yarn. Those wavy little undulations you see are created by dropped yarnovers, and I thought the waving lines would break up the horizontal striping nicely. Probably would, too, if the stitch pattern worked with this yarn. Some yarns and patterns just don't play nice together.
It's hard to see in this picture, but the dropped yarnovers are distorting terribly. Some of the stitches next to the yarnovers are growing to as much as double the size they should be. And the garter ridges between the waves are distorting, too, as a result of these odd, outsized stitches mixed in.
I'm not fooling around with it. I can see a disaster in the making, and I know how to respond. Rip-it! This is coming off the needles and will be reknit in a less lacy stitch pattern, something that will create some zigzagging or other vertical interest without giving me gray hair in the process.
6 comments:
Have no mercy on knits like this
Hi,
I've mastered your Gran's crochet pattern, It's really great fun and a lovely pattern with the double sides. I'm using a pale pink and a teal sort of blue/? I'm really happy with it.(about 9cm done)
Please forgive me if I run on here...(there is a point though!)
There is an English guy's Blog I visit with the most beautiful photo's of the birds and animals in the area where he lives,near Dover ...anyway he mentioned that "Click on any photo and it will enlarge"...well I didn't know I could do that in a blog!?... but you can ... so I clicked on your Lacy Knitting and it enlarged to a great degree...
I put a sidepanel note about this on my blog, so maybe you could too.
Cheers Carol.
Ps I hope you don't mind me posting on your site, but your sense of humor shines through and your projects are beaut.
That damn noro... it will be a tricky one.
Carol, I love it when you drop by. Who knows, we might even be able to arrange a meeting for coffee if I make it to RWAus in 2009!
Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a message.
I'm going to make sure these moths stay away from my lovely wool, thats for sure!
(when they emerge from the cocoons next spring...Sept. here)
Re The coffee, that would be great!
Cheers Carol
ps I love your *click*...why didn't I think of that!
Hmm - sorry that the combo didn't work out for you. I've knit a similar seafoam pattern before & noticed that when I was knitting it up, the dropped stitches were looking a bit wonky. However, when I blocked it they all "straightened up" just fine - so, you might want to see if blocking would help.
Post a Comment