Thursday, April 10, 2008

Catherine Partial


Woo hoo! I made it to the armscyes on Catherine Parr today. This piece measures 15.875" in length. So this will now go onto holders as I knit the sleeves. When the sleeves are done, I will knit the armscyes to fit the sleeve caps. (I'm modifying the drop on the sleeve caps to take out some of the underarm bulk.)

I just cast on the sleeves for Fulmar, too! So. Looks like I'll be a sleeve knitting machine this spring.

By the way, Catherine Parr is an incredibly easy knit. If you're looking for an easy Starmore to get your feet wet, this might be a good choice. The mix of stranded knitting and cabled knitting means there's enough variety for knitterly interest, too. And it goes pretty quickly for a sweater with this much detail. All in all, a happy project.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

It looks great - I love the contrast of the colors.