After ripping out the beret, I realized I had the opportunity to rethink the color. I love the color changes in the skein of the Noro silk Garden, but my particular skein started with a shade of hot pink that was rather too similar to the purple base yarn. I was afraid that the center top of the beret would end up looking sort of muddled because those two colors were so close to each other.
After consulting with some people who have already finished theberet, and learning that yarn can run a little bit tight on this project, I decided to simply wind the ball inside out and start from the other end of the skein.This let me start with the green. I think it works better.
I also fell into the black hole of sleeve knitting today. I knit about 14 rows on Fulmar,and ended up gaining only 3/8 of an inch in total sleeve length.
I also fell into the black hole of sleeve knitting today. I knit about 14 rows on Fulmar,and ended up gaining only 3/8 of an inch in total sleeve length.
But the real big news is a little splurge that I picked up to make my work life for little easier. I've been threatening to get voice recognition software for quite a while now,and today I did it. I'm dictating this blog post into a headset and watching the words magically appear on the screen. Once I get the hang of this I'll be able to knit and dictate at the same time. There is a learning curve, but it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I have to say, I think this is could be some of the best money I spend all year. In fact, true confession--yes, you knew this was coming --I'm knitting a pair of socks as I dictate this. Me like. :)
3 comments:
Wow - dictating and knitting - just like The Jetsons! ;-)
That is pretty frickin' cool! The Tam and the voice detection software;)
If you are ripping I must be doing something right. Because, I have ripped it too. ;)
Post a Comment