April and May were swallowed almost whole by work problems, foundation repairs, and the crib blanket. Okay. It happens. All you can do is move forward, right?
So here is my forward.
1. Knit the stranded, felted bag that's been languishing in a bag in the closet. It's pretty. It deserves to be finished. Plus, the selfish knitters on ravelry are doing a felted bag KAL. So that give me a good excuse to pull this one out and add some inches.
2. Work on Fulmar's sleeves when time and attention permit. This one requires some concentration, and work has been sapping my focus lately, so I'll save the Fulmar sleeves for blocks of time that will allow me to concentrate on what I'm doing. Last night, for example, I took an hour off to watch tv and knit Fulmar, and the first thing I noticed was that I knit the wrong pattern row in the check rib filler stitch, so I had to rip and reknit that before I could go forward. I'd rather avoid doing that sort of thing in the first place!
So, when my brain is too fried to follow a stranded chart or to count the Fulmar rows properly, I'll work on
3. Socks. There's nothing in the world more suitable for my bouts of mindless knitting than a plain sock. Right now I have three socks OTN, one plain, one lace, and this one--
This is the first sockotta 2x2 ribbed sock knit on eenie-beenie needles that threaten to snap like twigs every time I k2tog. The ink has worn off these needles, but I'm pretty sure they're size 0.
I chose the 2x2 rib because sockotta is heavy on cotton, low on stretch. Ribbing compensates for that.
So that's it for June. I'm trying to keep it low key because work really is nutty right now. Nutty in a good way, but still nutty.
1 comment:
Lovin' the Fair Isle!
I'm about to bust if I don't start some socks soon...but want to wait until SOS - hopefully this will give me tons of Fulmar time;)
Post a Comment