Now you know how Mister Six -- the child who confesses that he likes to dare himself to do dangerous things -- fell in the river last week.
Back on topic....
I can't seem to make my brain work today. I've rejected a few queries and started one revision letter, but my head just isn't in it. No focus. So I finally decided to call it a day, for now. Most likely I'll take another stab at that revision later.
But for now, I'm trying to start that second mock ragg sock, and so far, my lack of brainpower is bleeding over into the cast-on. First time, I twisted the cast-on when joining. Well, that can happen to anybody, right? Rip and re-cast. No biggie.
Second time, I managed to knit a half dozen rounds or so of a k2p2 ribbing before I realized -- DOH! -- needle three was completely out of sync with the pattern. All the stitches that should have been knit were purled, and all the purls were knit.
But I did manage to knit enough to realize another gaffe. This very long colorway has two broad bands of jacqard. One is followed by a dark navy, and the other is followed by a light denim blue. Guess what! I picked the wrong one to start the sock with. And while I don't mind slightly fraternal socks, I do want these to match. So I had to rip (again) but I would have had to rip again anyway.
I'm taking a short break before I cast on the third time. Apparently, I cannot be trusted today to do anything as complex as counting to four and correctly distinguishing colors. sigh....

1 comment:
I see why you can't say no to Mister Six...just adorable. Does he at least learn from his dares?
Third time is a charm right?
Post a Comment