Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Uno!
















Here is Sock #1 from Pair #1 for the SOS07 challenge. I started it last Thursday morning and finished it today. That's six days. Normally, I'd be pretty darn happy with that, given that I generally spend a week, maybe even eight or nine days, per sock.






















But I didn't merely knit that one Bearfoot Cherry sock. I also knit most of the leg of a Koigu sock, and the leg and heel of a second Koigu sock.

I never would have believed I could knit that much sock in six days. I haven't added knitting time to my day. In fact, I take the same number of short knitting breaks throughout the day as always. I'm just making a more concerted effort to use the spare minutes to knit a round or two. On hold with the cable company? Knit. In an endless line at the bank? Knit. Reading slush submissions? Knit while scrolling through the pages. (This can be a little tricky. I'm half-tempted to use the Harlot's method of putting the keyboard on the floor and scrolling with the toes.)




















In other news, my yarn barfed. Who said center pull balls were a good thing?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Vera said...

Very nice sock. I have yet to finish anything.

Unknown said...

The Precioussss...

Macoco said...

eeew yarn barf!

Rebecca F said...

if you need more sock yarn . . .

Kris said...

Congrats on the first of many to come!...I seriously can't get back into the sock goodyness. Send some of that sock mojo my way.

heather t said...

Yarn barf? Is that what it's called? Mine does that every. single. time. Beautiful socks. Must get some Koigu!