Problem is, I only have two feet.
Meet Papa Ball, Mama Ball, and Baby Ball. Goldisocks must be around here somewhere, because someone's been snipping in my yarn.
It was the strangest thing. I got the first hank of LL onto the swift, unknotted the end, and started winding it off. Before I got thirty cranks into it, I noticed two loose ends of yarn dragging on the table top. Two? sez I. How can there be two?
The yarn was broken in the middle. It wasn't even knotted. Just broken and left dangling. I'm not sure that I would have been any happier to find a knot, but this was flat bizarre.
So I wound two balls out of one hank. And now I'm not sure what to do. I suppose I can continue my plan to knit two tall toe-up socks, and just have some kind of join in the middle of one of the socks. Doesn't seem right somehow. I mean, one of the advantages of sock knitting is there are no joins. This whole thing irritates me.
What else can one do with three balls of graduated size?
Build a yarnman!
Let this serve as a warning to all my other yarns. Try to hold yourselves together, or I will make fun of you. Because I am a child, and I can't tolerate disappointment.
...stoopid broken yarn...

3 comments:
Oo..Oo...Can I play too? I can bring Kool-Aid-Cherry along for his date!
Frustrating, true, but Yarnman makes one sexy firefighter!
I've put yarn in time out before, but never have I mocked it! That's what I've been missing all along!
Post a Comment