Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Bit of Progress












In addition to screwing up the short rows on my husband's sleeves, I finished one sock. Well, except for the kitchenering. Have any of you seen my tapestry needles? I apparently took them out of my needle case and didn't put them back.
















And here is the chemo cap, Shedir. Any of you who have knit this pattern know that this paltry little swatch represents about six hours of knitting. This pattern is extremely slow. This is the second time I've knit it, and familiarity with the cable chart barely makes it any faster. Barely. But I still love the pattern. It's from Knitty's special breast cancer issue, if you're interested. It's not found in the regular Knitty pattern archives. Just google "Shedir Knitty" and you'll get to the pdf with several patterns from that special issue. I'd link to it for you, but my right clicker isn't working, and I'm too lazy to type all that address mumbo jumbo into the link field.

Plus I have a crapload of work to do today. I have piles -- piles!! -- of manuscripts to get through today. I don't know where they're coming from all of a sudden. I was within two manuscripts of being totally caught up last week, and now all of a sudden, blizzard. So I probably will be shoveling paper instead of knitting today.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I didn't even get that far with Shedir. It's a hard knit.

Kris said...

Oooooooo, just lovely.