Friday, April 6, 2007

Holy Shirt!

I'm going to try to explain the shirt thing, but since my knitbuddy Knifty Red was the architect, she explains it better.

The short and highly suspect version of the facts-as-I-understand-them --

Guido, the guy from the "It's a Purl Man" podcasts, needed someone to design a logo. This was somehow connected to the Represent event in New York City and an appearance on the NBC Today show.

Kris designed something, and part of it was used, along with something else from a lady in Italy.

Kris has some contacts who were able to take her design and put it on t-shirts. The very first one went to the Harlot, and the rest went to our happy little SnB gang. See the Knifty Red blog for a picture of some of us with our shirts.

I love mine. It's soft and perfect for a nightshirt. Keeps me dreaming of cables all night long.

Thanks, Kris!


About the Pictures

My picture-posting woes continue, but I'm beginning to find ways around them. I've discovered that I can post up to three pictures without text in the time it takes to knit five rounds on the purple Bearfoot sock. If I add text to anything more than one picture, my pictures turn into those funky letter X boxes. I hate those things. Hate. Those things.

But at least it's no longer a pictureless blog. Progress, eh?

2 comments:

Kris said...

Yeah, that's about it. The Knit-On concept was inspired from the Harlot for the Represent NY launch. This was the original idea but it didn't make it on the poster to NY....but in the end I helped Guido fix the final design for printing...I know, long winded. I just knew the logo had to be used and felt Stephanie would get a kick out of it as well. It's my way of spreading the Knit-fever.

Kris said...

Oh, ...try using Flickr.com for your photos. Real easy, upload as many pic's as you want, some can stay private or public for posting to the blog. Once you upload photos, click on the photo you want to post. You'll see some icons above the photo, click on the All Sizes button, scroll down and you'll see option number 1 has the HTML code, copy it and post it inside your blogger post...that's it.

I haven't used the Blog button tool on the Flickr account, so I'm not sure if you can add further text or if it just uploads a photo..worth a try.

If this is to confusing, email me and I'll help you along;)