Sunday, April 15, 2007
Paroled!
Look closely at that picture, and you'll see why this project is on parole instead of completely out of knitting jail. Damn miscrossed cables. The parole officer (a/k/a/ me!) is preparing to duplicate stitch over the miscross, because the thought of tinking back this far (over 10") just makes me want to cry. And I can't ladder that far down through this particular cable pattern. There are just to many layers of cables for that.
This is what the pattern is supposed to look like. See how well-behaved these cables are? See how they arch away from each other? These cables get to go to finishing school instead of to reform school.
Here's the vest front with the shoulders ripped back to the point before my math went wonky. I figure I have another 5 or so inches of knitting on either side of the V neck, and then this is ready for blocking.
Which leads to an important question. Do I fix the miscrossed cable before or after blocking? I can think of reasons for and against either method, but would like to hear from anyone with real experience in this kind of repair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Uh oh. The imps are back.
Post a Comment