Tuesday, April 3, 2007

HOPE Is a Four-Letter Word

I'm trying a different method of picture uploading. I have no hope of it actually working. Why would it? Nothing else has worked. I've futzed and fooled and frittered with this stupid process for days -- feels like years -- and haven't yet managed to post a picture. We could have a deep philisophical debate about why, precisely, some people seem to attract these kinds of odd problems the same way strippers attract dollar bills (and bobs and joes). I mean, nobody else I know has been unable to post pictures from her hard drive using the standard procedure. So why me? (shaking fist at sky) Why, dammit, why?

But that would not solve my problem. So I tried different software and am trying not to get my hopes up.

Except this time, there's a picture in my post draft. That's new.

For the record, this is the very first picture I took with my shiny new camera. It's very hard to see what's going on with that yarn because I still hadn't figured out the whole macro thingie. So, for the record, what you see is a ball of Mountain Colors Bearfoot (that's the one with a dash of mohair) and about an inch of 2x2 ribbing on size 2 DPNs. The color is called Grape, but it's a purple much darker and richer than any grapes I've ever munched.

I have a better picture of the cuff, but I'm afraid to try to post it. I'm afraid that if I do anything at all now besides click "publish," the picture will disappear, along with this post, and I'll be back at square one.

So here goes.

Crossing our fingers....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: