Thursday, May 29, 2008

:0

You know that damned crib blanket? Of course you do. That would be the PINK and green crib blanket I knit for my uncle and his wife, who were told they were having a baby girl.

Yeah. They had another ultrasound.

The doctors "can no longer determine" the baby's gender.

*thunk*

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I know how !#@!!## you must feel, but if I were you, I'd still gift it. Because the colors are pink AND green, which are nice, bright spring colors anyway. And the colors aren't really the reason you knit it, it has more meaning than that.

If they can't just be thrilled to receive it, regardless of the baby's gender, then they have lots bigger problems than you ever will!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

A bit of a shock for you (and them too I imagine). But, now, think of this as an opportunity to defy sex stereotyping!

Carol said...

Oh Dear!
Still medical technology may still be inaccurate! They are not certain either!
However I'm with Bridget...it's a lovely green and the mum can use that side upwards!
Thank goodness your Gran had such a great pattern.
They are going to have a such surprise when the babe comes, they won't even notice! And will think you planned it that way!!!
Gran's pattern saves the Day!

Cheers Carol
Cheers Carol