I'm calling these the lightning bolt socks because of the way the white bits pooled down the leg. Very cool. And I'm trying really, really hard NOT to think about whether the second sock will look anything like this. I think we already know the answer to that one. ::grinds teeth::
The yarn is Sisu, and it has the loftiness of the knitpicks sock yarn without that hard crunch. The knitpicks sock yarn tore my hands to shreds. This Sisu did not, not even close. I'd describe it as a slightly crunchier Baby Ull -- same loftiness, same hand and finish, but not quite as soft. I knit it to a medium-tight density to try to counteract some of that loftiness so the sock will wear better.
Anyway, this was the perfect thing to work on this weekend. I could take a handful of antihistamines and still knit without worrying that I would screw up the pattern. It's a plain sock. What could be easier or more relaxing?
2 comments:
Love the Electric Blue socks!!
Let's hear it for 'plain vanilla' sock knitting - it's healing and soothing powers abound, and for the wide *variety* afforded us with self-patterning yarns. I have been knitting Opal yarns from both ends of the ball for awhile now... the socks are 'related', but totally opposite, and it quells my need to throw myself under a passing truck because the graft at the toe (or cast off at top, depending) goes too far into the next color band, or worse, changes mid-Kitchener. This also provides refuge from having to knit the "same sock" twice.
Let the yarn do as it will... you'll have a mighty fine pair o'socks no matter what. Cami
Post a Comment