This blue is so electric that it's hard to photograph. It confuses the camera!
Last night, I did my sleeve math for Fulmar and knit the rest of the cuffs. Oh, yeah, baby, knitting again. For those of you in the Fulmar KAL, I shortened the cuffs to 5 cm (she calls for 7), and I will be using Starmore's rate of increases for the first part of the pattern. That's the faster rate of increase, adding one stitch every three rows. By extending that rate further up the arm and delaying the switch to the slower rate of increase, the sleeve will hit the maximum width a little closer to the elbow. This will make it easier to modify the drop sleeve to remove some of the underarm bulk. I shortened the cuffs that little bit because I have short arms, and that's an easy way to shave off a half-inch in sleeve length.
I love this pattern so much. This might be my favorite knit of all time. The instructions are so clean and easy to follow that she turns the whole process into a magic trick. You see this complex and detailed pattern? Presto-change-o! It's a piece of cake!
And the yarn. swoon! Can you imagine what high grade merino feels like after crocheting 2000 yards of Encore?
I'm a very, very happy knitter right now. With great reluctance, I won't take Fulmar with me to the lake house today for the holiday weekend. Many children + smallish house + cold and rainy weather = bad for Fulmar. The cashmere mittens are staying home, too. A simple sock, that's what I need. And I will be ready to tackle those sleeves, full speed ahead, when I return.
2 comments:
Wow - I love that shade of blue!
Have a great weekend, no matter what knitting you take along with you.
It's great to see Fulmar back in swing. I know I'm in love over hear;) Have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment