The baby blanket is at 15.5", so I'm past the halfway point. It'll be 30" or so wide through the body, and will pick up another inch or two on the border.
So I decided to give my wrist a rest and knit a little. I'd cast these socks on some time ago but didn't get very far, just the cuff and a smidge of the first pattern repeat. This is one of the Charlene Schurch patterns and the yarn is Dale Baby Ull, my perennial favorite for socks. I put in another hour or so on it to get as far as you see in this picture. Which isn't very far. But at least it's not dayglo acrylic crochet.
It's hard to knit right now. Honestly, it's hard to do much of anything right now. The foundation-repair dudes got over being quiet. They have this enormous drill doohicky and when they use it, the whole house vibrates. But I'm not complaining (much). I can already open a window that was wedged shut because of the foundation problem, and there's a nice breeze through my office today. The noise will stop eventually. Perhaps the pounding in my head will then follow.
I also sorted through some of my yarn stash today. And GUESS WHAT!!! I found a sock yarn bin with room for another 3 or 4 skeins of sock yarn, easy. And here I thought they were all jammed full to the brim. Heh. Take that, Guilty Conscience. It's not as bad as you keep trying to tell me.
The noisy drill dudes are leaving for the day now, which means I have a few hours of relative peace to try to get some actual work done. They promise to be back at seven tomorrow morning. No rush, guys. Really.
2 comments:
Hi,
I do hope your Lilac Tree will be ok... I love Lilac!
In 1998 we visited the US, we tripped all over the place, and we visited Lilac heaven in bloom... Mackinaw Island, every time I think of Lilac, I think of that island...and the fragrance...
(too hot to grow it here)
Re the crochet... I have a slightly different way of crocheting...looks a bit unusual though! (I'm a non-conformist!)
Instead of all that twisting the hook around wool which is really hard on the carpel tunnel!...
You actually hold the hook similar to a knitting needle and use your index finger to put the wool over the hook (like knitting) and pull the wool back through the loop (kind of towards yourself) and then proceed to use your finger to put another yarn over the hook again , pull it back again and so on!
If you are doing a treble crochet you put a loop over the hook first before digging into the center stitch and looping the worm, and pull back twice each time putting the wool over the hook...
Sorry if this sounds like double dutch...but it is a lot easier on the wrist.
Ps I hope you are right-handed, cos I've no idea how a left handed person would do it!!
Cheers Carol
This is also one of those times where you get it when you see it (grin)
Hurray for socks...are you doing Summer of Socks this year? I'm thinking I might try it out.
Post a Comment