They say that computers make our lives easier. I have two words I'd like to say in response to that: 1) Ha, and 2) Ha.
For entirely mysterious (to me) reasons, I have been unable to access my blog for the last few days. Every time I try to post (through Picasa, which is the only way I've ever been able to post pictures), I get an error message telling me I must be logged on to the internet to use the blogging feature.
Sometimes, just to really confound me, I also get a grey box with lots of error code in it. You know, the kind of stuff that demonic computer programmers put in there to scare the bejeebus out of poor befuddled knitters like me.
That scare tactic works really well, by the way. Just thought I'd mention that in case there are any demonic computer programmers lurking on this blog.
I have no idea what's causing this problem. And of course, I've been too addled with post-conference catatonia to really tackle and try to solve it. Today is really the first day that my brain has emerged from seclusion. It still feels sort of bruised, and tries to hide from the light, but it's at least somewhat present again.
Anyway. If anyone out there reading this has a clue what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate any insight you can share.
In knitting news, I did not knit a single stitch in Dallas. Not. One. Stitch. I carried my knitting around with me. I transferred it from bag to bag as I went through my days. I pet it once or twice between meetings, while fumbling in my bag for breath mints or a pen. And that was the extent of that.
Never made it to the LYS, either, despite my careful pre-conference study of DART lines and street maps. I was just to busy running from meeting to meeting. I did make it out of the hotel twice, both times to attend offsite parties. Other than that, I was a prisoner of the Dallas Hyatt Reunion or Regency or whatever the hell that place is called with the giant light-up ball on top.
I have deliberately blocked the name of the hotel because they gave me food poisoning. The less said about that, the better.
Tuesday was really my first day back to work, and I worked from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Ah, the glamorous life I lead. Yesterday saw me pick up my needles for the first time since last Wednesday -- that's a new record, folks, six days in a row without a single stitch knit. Please, knitgoddess, let that record stand uncontested forever and ever amen.
My turquoise Dale Baby Ull socks are cruising again. I've completed the gussets on the first, and have knit to the heel flap on the second. The jaywalkers are in time out because I can only manage so many problem children at once, and I have my hands full with my temperamental computer and all the work problems that piled up while I was away. Tomorrow, I'm going to cast on a plain sock and get the cuffs knocked out so that I can knit stockinette by touch while reading the new Harry Potter book over the weekend.
That's the sock report. I'd love to show you all a progress picture. We'll just have to all cross our fingers and hope for a brighter tomorrow, right?
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ugh! Sorry about all the troubles and not knitting! You definitely deserve the most relaxing weekend ever.
Oh no! I hope you're feeling better and that you can soon block that entire experience out of your mind!
Oh, yeah...I'm totally doing stockinette on my new socks...gotta multi-task for Potter;)
Have you upgraded to Firefox?
Would you like Jason to give you a hand? I'm sure he'd be willing to take a look and see what the problem is. He's helpful like that, when I offer him Gumbo. :)
Post a Comment