Now that's more like it.
I ripped back, arranged 58 stitches on the needles, and miraculously found the pattern again. Isn't it amazing the difference two stitches can make?
I'd like to point out that this means I officially have four pairs of socks in progress, thereby conclusively proving that I am a faithless whore. I really intended to knit just two socks at a time for the SOS07. One plain, one patterned. I figured that would keep me amused and out of trouble.
Yeah, right.
I have 1) the turquoise Dale Baby Ulls, 2) the Gypsy Girl barberpoles shown above, 3) the Bearfoot Wildflowers plain sock, and 4) the godforsaken pain-in-my-ass jaywalkers. Of course, the Dales are almost done, and the jaywalkers are in jail for conduct unbecoming yarn. So I can sort of fake it that there are only two pairs in progress. But really, in the dark of the night, when it's just me and my unvarnished conscience, I will know it's four.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. Maybe if I just keep knitting, it won't matter.

3 comments:
The more the merrier, I always say. But then I just bought more dpns so that I could have more socks to work on at once. ;)
There's no monogamy in knitting! Hell, I get my fiber lovin' where ever I can get it;)
I love your barber pole socks so much that when I saw that Nana is now carrying it I had to buy enough for 2 pairs of socks.
Post a Comment