
Seven socks.
Three pairs.
Thirty-seven days.
(Thirty-one if you don't count the days I lost in Dallas.)
Two half-socks.
I am a confirmed flap-and-gusset-heel girl. It's not that I mind short rows. I don't. They're easy and probably faster than a flap and gusset. But I prefer the fit and the feel of a flap and gusset, so that's what I make as a rule.
These socks are an exception to the rule because of the striping. After all I went through to get the barberpole in place, I didn't want to screw it up by changing my stitch count for a gusset. So short rows it is.

You know how knitter fuss and fiddle at picking up the wraps on short rows? My solution is to not pick them up at all. You get a line sort of like a garter ridge. I'm sure there are purists shuddering at the thought, but it doesn't bother me a bit. Who would even notice that once the sock is on the foot? Not me.
Now that number seven is in the books, I'm starting to eye that jaywalker again. Maybe, just maybe, I might be ready to bail it out of knitting jail. Still debating the foot....
1 comment:
Aw, the links aren't linking! I think you have to count the days in Dallas, because, sadly, you won't get them back at the end.
Post a Comment