Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Good Service, Holy Grails, and Unicorns

Just when you thought that good customer service was a myth, along comes a store that actually knows how to serve its customers.

Nana's Knits in Oak Lawn is just that store. I popped in there on my lunch break a couple weeks ago during their summer sale. It was busy, but Trish and I chatted a little in between other things. I asked her if she had the new Charlene Schurch sock book, and she only had the first one. I asked if it would be possible to order it, and she said she would check.

We got sidetracked by other things (ooh! soft! ooh! pretty! ooh! want it!) and then I had to dash out the door for work. I left without buying anything which Never! happens. But I was short on time and needed to check a pattern for yardage and ... you know. Can't think and rush at the same time.

So I dashed out, and realized only later that I hadn't paid for the book I'd ordered. Or maybe not even officially ordered it at all. I figured we'd mend that the next day, because I intended to go back and buy some yarn.

I didn't make it back the next day. Classic case of shit---->fan. I cringed every time I thought about losing out on that sale (because I need more yarn. HA!), and figured I'd sort out the thing with the book eventually.

Today Trish emailed me. I'm on her mailing list for sales flyers and such. Color me astonished that she was able to connect me (a/k/a the dork who walks around her store in a swoon) to the email address on a list.

She ordered that book for me. Not only that, but she's agreed to put aside something else for me and hold it all until I can get there Thursday.

Trish, if you're reading this, mwah! I adore you and your store!

Everybody else, shop there and keep that wonderful place thriving!

No comments: