Friday, July 20, 2007

Five!




















I'm so very happy to be able to blog again. And here to help me celebrate is sock number five for the SOS07 challenge. I love this sock, love the way it turned out, love everything about it -- pattern, yarn, color, everything. It's just a happy squooshy sock.




















The pattern, corded rib, was taken from Charlene Schurch's SKS. I love how the texture changes when you wear it. Look at those eyelets that suddenly appear. Very nice. Me likee this pattern, and it couldn't be easier to knit.


















I also set out the back of the Silver Creek cabled cardigan to block. Before I pinned it out, I would have sworn that it would never in a million years stretch to the proper dimensions. But it did, and now I'm less worried about knitting the fronts.

I don't know why I can't get the Silver Creek to photograph properly. No matter what I do, the color is off. And not just off by a little, either. The actual color of this yarn is midway between a royal blue and a dark turquoise. It's very bright and vivid, but it always photographs as a charcoal or navy. I messed around with the photo editor to get it closer to the true color, but the photos still disappoint me. The yarn is too beautiful to be misrepresented like this!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hip-Hip-Hurray! Fabulous sock and breath taking Silver Creek. wow. You might be disappointed by the pictures, but it's look good to me;)